Sunday, March 2, 2008

Recent Graduates

Hello,

I wanted to make a blog that has advice and offers job searches for current college students, recent graduates, and alumni. I'm a senior as well in the job market and am having a hard time finding the PERFECT job. I love to explore the Southern Minnesota job market and want to help YOU find the right path!

I came across this wonderful website that offers a chance to enhance productivity through fun technology. They say that there is a large gap between unproductive virtual worlds - where people escape their real lives - and professional networking sites - where the barrier to meeting new people is high because of the distant environment.


The old rules of recruitment are dead. The way you portray yourself and the feelings associated with you are more important than the content of your words. The most important aspect of any interview is to create a relationship with the interviewer. Emotions are stronger than logic, and you need to create a positive emotion attached with your presence. This eBook will show you exactly how to stick in the mind of the interviewer in a positive way. Source: http://thefdworld.com/

I recommend clicking on Publications>Recently Added Publications>Download Making Your Self Stick. It offers news ways to perform a successful interview. This can be very beneficial for those upcoming college graduates out there. The other publications would be worth reading as well.

I want to start out this blog by also saying to NETWORK, NETWORK, and NETWORK. Around here, the mentality for looking for a job is, who you know, not what you know. An awesome social networking site to join is LinkedIn

I truly believe that is a great professional virtual network that is reliable for finding jobs, people, groups, and just to form relationships with some of the most intriguing people around the world.

I want to leave with a quote that I really like. In order for you to succeed, you have to fail. The reason I like this so much is because it's unbelievably true. This semester I'm taking an Entrepreneurship class and my teacher has told us that many times. We have to write our own business plan for an actual business we want to start. He said that in order to get an "A" in the class, you have to fail to succeed. The way I understood that was, you have to try your hardest even if you fail, and you will learn to succeed.

No comments:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button